Sunday, June 11, 2006

Casablanca - Morocco

Off the plane in Morocco! Early morning and a long day to go. That's Bernadette (Bernie) who's next to me.






The second largest mosque in the world is located on the coast in Casablanca.
Mosque Hassan II


Our hotel room in Dakar - Mdoubour Hotel (The first night in Africa!) After the 12 hour layover in Morocco we arrived at about midnight in Dakar and checked into our hotel where we stayed for 3 nights.


Lunch at a place in Dakar: Dottie, Tanesha, me, Angela (from left to right)

Hey all! I found an internet cafe that has a faster internet connection!! score! I hope you are well - I will be posting some pictures from my experience here in Africa. Here goes!

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Erick said...

Casablanca is one of the biggest cities in Morocco. It is to be quite frank, a city, nothing special about it. As all cities it offers its western comforts, McDonalds and other fast food chains can be found. However, property in Morocco is famous thanks to this city. It is a business center, and reflects appropriately the living standards of Moroccans, the out skirts of the city is lined with make shift shacks, plastic bags and other rubbish surrounds the squats, as does the scent of death. All in all Casablanca was an experience, I don't think I will return. It's a shame because the surrounding areas are quite special, beaches that line the coast are very clean, warm water and great surf, up to 5m in winter. Keep your wits when traveling in Casablanca, I would not recommend single girls traveling alone, or in groups of girls, it is also advised to dress appropriately and wear a wedding band.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home